Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review: Physicians Formula Nude Shimmer Pallete





First off please excuse my dry skin :( winter always does this to my skin... I hate the cold! lol... Ok on to the review. I purchased this palette from the drugstore a couple of weeks ago and it is the Physicians Formula Nude Shimmer Palette. My initial thoughts were that the packaging was really cute (I'm a sucker for cute packaging) and that the colours reminded me of Urban Decay's Naked Palette but more shimmery haha. Here is what I liked and disliked about the palette:

Liked:
  • Cute packaging
  • Eyeshadows came in trios for a neutral look, daytime look and a more dramatic look
  • The amount of shimmer in the eyeshadows was alright
  • They could be used dry or wet
  • Paraben free!
Dis-liked:
  • The pigmentation of the lighter colours weren't that great (dry) at least on my skintone (NC35 in MAC)
  • The applicator that came with it (I usually don't like the applicators that come with palettes anyways... except the Naked 2 one)
  • Some of the shades were hard to get into with a brush without touching the other shades because they were quite thin
So, overall that is what I felt about the palette. I think its a good drugstore purchase if you are looking for a neutral palette that is at a relatively good price. I got mine on sale for about $9. I overall like Physicians Formula as a drugstore brand but they can be at the higher end of the spectrum as drugstore products go. Look out for sales on them though because they have some really great products :) 

Thanks for reading! Let me know your thoughts on this product and if you have any other products you would like me to check out :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...